Saturday, December 17, 2011

48 ounces, 1500 words

My last post mentioned that I was sitting myself down in a cafe with free coffee and writing until two scenes were done. Six hours, four cups of coffee, and many IMs with Camille later, I finished one scene and wrote about half of the other for a grand total coming in around 1500 words written that night.

I intended to bounce over here all excited to announce that I had finished both scenes, whenever it happened... however, in the second of those scenes, there's a few lines remaining that I just plain cannot get written. Ugh. I'm basically trying to translate an old poem in Jason's point of view into script in Zack's point of view, which is really ineffective, so I'm probably going to try a different approach later. For now I think I'll just ignore it and move on to work on the last scene (!!), but alas, I can't call that scene done. Tragic.

However, another challenge has been issued! Caro and I are both very near to finishing a script, and have anticipated being done this weekend. So whichever of the two of us finishes first gets a drawing from the other. :D And because I'm a lazy bum when it comes to drawing and because I have a feeling that Caro doesn't draw as often as ey should, I'mma make my damn best effort to finish this thing. >w< Also I don't wanna study yet. D: And besides, once I get RESET out of the way then my head can be clear to study... at least that's my justification. Now then, what does the scanner say about my progress?
The game contains 1,182 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 16,589 words,
for an average of 14.0 words per screen.
The game contains 8 menus.
Oh wow. This thing is getting quite unexpectedly long. Also I ended up taking out that one choice I put in when I was all "why so many choicessss".

Anyway, working on the last scene, fuck yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment